[Remind-Fans] installing remind on an N810

M. D. Betterton betterton at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 18:47:43 EDT 2008

I am interested in running remind on a Nokia N810 internet tablet,
which runs the linux-based maemo operating system (the version is
called OS-2008).

I haven't been able to find a .deb or .install package for remind that
is specific to this platform, so I tried to compile remind myself on
my tablet.

First, I installed gcc and make, which I did using apt-get -install.

I downloaded remind-03.01.05.tar.gz, then successfully gunzip'd and
un-tar'd the package I ran into problems after I cd'd to the remind
directory and ran ./configure.
This returned an error message that read:

See 'config.log' for more details.

Any advice about what this means and what I should do to fix it? I
looked at the file config.log, but it wasn't very illuminating to me.

Meredith