[Remind-Fans] installing remind on an N810

Kevin T. Neely ktneely at astroturfgarden.com
Tue Apr 15 19:04:28 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 04:47:43PM -0600, M. D. Betterton wrote:
> I am interested in running remind on a Nokia N810 internet tablet,
> which runs the linux-based maemo operating system (the version is
> called OS-2008).

Just an FYI:  there is a VMware "scratchbox" (or is that sandbox) image you can grab that has the maemo development environment ready to go.  I have never used it, but I believe it is there to make compiling programs for the tablets much easier, as installing make, etc. on the tablets takes a lot of space.

Check the internettablettalk.com forms or the maemo-users list.  I know it has been mentioned on the latter, as that is how I know about it.

Good luck, if you get it going, I would love to give it a try.

In Vino Veritas
http://astroturfgarden.com