[Remind-Fans] installing remind on an N810

M. D. Betterton betterton at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 16:23:57 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 12:52 PM, David F. Skoll <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
>   Try:  "apt-get install build-essential"
>  which (if Nokia runs a generic-enough Debian) should bring in everything you
>  need for basic software development

This is very helpful. Running "apt-get install build-essential" worked
just fine. Now my problem is that when running ./configure I have a
problem with grep:

"checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... configure: error:
no accpetable grep could be found in
/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/user/xpg4/bin"

It seems that the version of grep available on the tablet can't do the job.

Till and Kevin: do you think that using a VMware image of the maemo
development environment help me get around the grep problem I am
having?

Meredith