[Remind-Fans] I found the problem so here it is... again. remind-conf-mode.el

Christopher Browne cbbrowne at gmail.com
Fri May 16 17:38:49 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 10, 2008 at 12:21 AM, Shelagh Manton
<shelagh.manton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 8 May 2008 22:32:42 -0400
>  "Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  > On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 6:03 PM, Daniel Martins <danielemc at gmail.com>
>  > wrote:
>  > > I found it very nicve also
>  >
>  > FYI, it doesn't seem to work with XEmacs; some difference in color
>  > mapping handling.  (Haven't had time to try to debug it...)
>
>  Please do whatever needs doing to it to make it usable for xemacsians
>  too. Also I know that I didn't make it usable for people on terminals.
>  I was hoping to look into that at some future stage. I don't use emacs
>  in the terminal myself, so it's not imperative for me.

I don't imagine there will be any really enormous issues vis-a-vis
terminals; part of the point of the "faces" functionality is to
provide something that is at least somewhat display-independent.

I had a few minutes to spend looking at this; found one change that
seems to help, namely to change various references to :foreground,
:group, and :bold to 'foreground, 'group, and 'bold.

XEmacs didn't like symbols being called :foreground and such.  I
suspect that this may be an emulation-of-Common-Lisp issue, where
doing an extra (require) might address this.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
expecting different results."  -- assortedly attributed to Albert
Einstein, Benjamin Franklin, Rita Mae Brown, and Rudyard Kipling