[Remind-Fans] monthly reminders (tkremind)

Randy Dunlap rdunlap at xenotime.net
Tue May 27 11:46:08 EDT 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008 07:13:26 -0400 David F. Skoll wrote:

> Randy Dunlap wrote:
>
> > Does tkremind have an interface for setting monthly reminders?
>
> Yes.  Read the man page and/or try it out.

I had already tried it out and the man page for tkremind has little info
on repeated appointments/reminders AFAICT.

I see the top line of the tkremind Edit Reminder:
<date> [] and repeating every [ ] day(s) thereafter

so every N days is easy.  But I don't see how to do "on the 15th of every month"
or "on the first Friday of every month".  I clicked on the second line
(First [Friday] on or after <date>) and 4th line (Expire after <2 years from now>),
but I don't see it repeating on the first Friday of every month.
What did I miss?

> > Alternatively, does wyrd have this?
>
> I believe so.
>
> > Could I use wyrd as my (only) Remind interface?  I mostly have
> > simple one-time or weekly or bi-weekly or monthly appointments.
>
> Sure, I suppose.

Thanks.
---
~Randy