[Remind-Fans] Bug: date_spec and the turn of the year

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Sep 16 22:02:30 EDT 2008

David F. Skoll wrote:

[some stuff]

I fear my explanation is incomplete.  After all, Jan 3 2000 is after 'today',
so why didn't Remind stop there?  Probably it should have.

Currently, however, if you have:

	   WKDAY DAY MONTH

Remind first goes to DAY, MONTH on or after today, and *then* begins the
check for WKDAY.  This is arguably wrong, but I hesitate to change behaviour
that has been around for something like 18 years, especially when the
SCANFROM keyword lets you work around the problem.  However, if the consensus
on this list is to change Remind, I will do so.

I will update the man page to describe Remind's algorithms in more detail
so they are less surprising.

Regards,

David.