[Remind-Fans] wishlist for the -g option

Christoph Scheurer christoph.scheurer at web.de
Thu Sep 18 13:46:57 EDT 2008

Hello,

I was wondering how difficult it would be to make the hard-coded ordering of
timed before un-timed reminders configurable by the user.

The background is the following: in my printed PostScript calendar produced
with rem2ps I would like to have things like the current calendar week on
Mondays or sunrise/sunset times on Sundays always printed as the top most
entry. This seems currently impossible if there is also any timed reminder on
the respective day.

My suggestion would be the following: add a fourth a/d field to the -g option
which indicates the order of timed vs. untimed reminders. The default 'a'
would indicate the current behaviour and 'd' the opposite.

Is that feasible and/or worthwhile considering? Otherwise I could just patch
my copy of remind to reverse the default ordering.

Christoph