[Remind-Fans] OMIT question

Jorge Luis lists at jorge.cc
Sat Oct 4 15:21:23 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm trying to learn the remind scripting language.  It's so adaptable
and multifarious that it doesn't come easily to me.  Still, the program
is so useful I feel like I have to persevere.

I have a question now about the OMIT keyword.  I've taken some of the
sample files from the Folders43 website.  One of them has, at the top,

SET Week_2 8

That constant seems to work well except in one particular statement:

OMIT Mon Oct [Week_2] MSG %"Columbus Day%"

REM statements that use the Week_n constants seem to work fine.  From my
reading of the man page, it would seem that it should work in an OMIT
statement.

What am I missing?

I'm amazed by how complex some of the functions in the examples are.
Can anyone recommend a good primer to the language?

Thanks for the help, and thanks to David for maintaining such a useful
piece of software!

	JL

--
JL <lists at jorge.cc>