[Remind-Fans] Double OMIT

Geoff Ball geoff at geoffball.ca
Fri Nov 7 01:34:25 EST 2008

On 6-Nov-08, at 2:55 PM, David F. Skoll wrote:

> Jorge Luis wrote:
>
>> That is, if the Tuesday itself is a holiday (omitted), then garbage
>> day
>> is also moved to Wednesday.  So the day is moved to Wednesday if the
>> omitted day falls on Monday _or_ Tuesday.
>
> The latest version of Remind adds a function specifically for
> this case.  Check the Remind man page for the "nonomitted" function.
>
> The development version (not yet released) has a better way
> to handle this ("Computed Local OMITs").  It'll be released as
> soon as I get around to finishing the man pages. :-)
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Will either of these (the "nonomitted" function or "computed local
OMITs") allow for selective vacation blocks?  Or perhaps there's
something available already in the 3.1.5 release?

I have my work schedule set to SKIP, so that Remind doesn't tell me I
have to work on a holiday.  However, I'd also like to be able to
create a vacation block, where Remind will "cancel" my work schedule
while I'm on vacation.

Thanks,
Geoff