[Remind-Fans] Cleaning up OMITs

Jorge Luis lists at jorge.cc
Fri Nov 7 14:55:47 EST 2008

* "David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> [20081107 14:16 -0500]:
> Jorge Luis wrote:
>
> > REM Tue Wed SATISFY [wkdaynum(trigdate()) == 2 && \
> >         nonomitted(prev_monday(today()), today()+1) == 2 || \
> >         wkdaynum(trigdate()) == 3 && \
> >         nonomitted(prev_monday(today()), today()+1) <= 2] \
> >         MSG Garbage Day
>
> Replace each today() with trigdate() and it should work.
> If the man page uses today(), it's wrong and I need to fix it.

The man page does use today() in this example.  Changing all instances
to trigdate() works as expected except in one corner case: if Wednesday
is omitted, the message is printed for both Tuesday and Wednesday
instead of Tuesday alone.

If Wednesday is omitted, there should be no trigger for that day; trash
day remains Tuesday.  I've puzzled over this for a while, and can't
understand why I'm getting this behavior.

Thanks!

	JL

--
JL <lists at jorge.cc>