[Remind-Fans] Bridging Days

Jens Mueller jens.k.mueller at gmx.de
Thu Nov 13 09:02:01 EST 2008

David F. Skoll wrote:
> Jens Mueller wrote:
>
> > I want to compute the bridging days of a year, i.e. all working days
> > that are between a holiday and a weekend day. Only Fridays and Mondays
> > can be bridge days. My holidays are specified using OMIT. How do I
> > determine a day that is between an OMIT and a Saturday?
>
> REM Fri SATISFY [isomitted(trigdate()-1)] MSG Bridge Friday.
> REM Mon SATISFY [isomitted(trigdate()+1)] MSG Bridge Monday.
>
> You need a recent version of Remind for isomitted().

Nice. I thought this was far more complicate. Since a bridging day
must not be a holiday I changed it to

REM Fri SATISFY [isomitted(trigdate()-1) && !isomitted(trigdate())] MSG Bridge Friday.
REM Mon SATISFY [isomitted(trigdate()+1) && !isomitted(trigdate())] MSG Bridge Monday.

Otherwise, the 26th of December 2008 is a bridging day and a holiday in Germany.

Regards,
Jens