[Remind-Fans] OMIT (holidays) are ignored <solved>

Don Harper duck at duckland.org
Thu Nov 13 15:58:13 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 02:42:08PM -0500, David F. Skoll wrote to To Users of the:
> locklin.jason at gmail.com wrote:

> > OMIT lines (holidays) need to come before the REM lines that use them
> > (smacks forehead). So place your holidays, or "INCLUDE .holidays"
> > line, at the beginning of the file.

> Yes, that's one way.  I prefer to make my ~/.reminders file a *directory*
> and I use filenames like these:

> 000-preamble.rem
> 010-birthdays.rem
> 030-chinese-new-year.rem
> 040-kids.rem
> 050-dentist.rem
> 060-holidays.rem
> 070-library.rem
> 080-misc.rem
> 090-shows.rem
> 100-tkremind.rem

> so the ordering is easy to control just by modifying the filenames.
> (You need a recent version of Remind that can open a *directory* and
> read all the *.rem files in order.)

I really like this, and wxremdata works with this format just nicely,
but wyrd does not like it.  Anyone know if there are any fixes planned
for wyrd before I go code-diving?

Don

--
Don Harper, RHCE <duck at duckland.org>        http://www.donaldharper.com/
        Ok, the joke is over.  Bring back the Constitution.

  If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be
                                happy, practice compassion. - Dalai Lama