[Remind-Fans] A few (probably simple) questions

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Sat Feb 28 14:30:28 EST 2009

Dan Ray wrote:

[Wanting to do all of these in one REM statement]

> REM Sat 8 AT  9:00 MSG  Call %1 %
> REM Sat 15 AT 9:00 MSG  Call %1 %
> REM Sat 22 AT 9:00 MSG  Call %1 %

Well, I think three separate REMs is easiest.  To do it in one
would take something like:

REM Sat AT 9:00 SATISFY [day(trigdate()) >= 8 && day(trigdate()) <= 28] MSG Call %1 %

which is hardly readable.

> Second, I want a MSG on those events that tells me, on the appropriate
> Fridays, that I have that call tomorrow, but doesn't bug me about hours and
> minutes until it IS tomorrow.

REM Sat 8 --1 MSG Call tomorrow

etc...

> Third, I'm using this on a Mac, and I have geektools showing me the output
> of 'rem -q' on my desktop, refreshing every few seconds. That's very nice.
> I'd also like it emit growl notifications maybe every five minutes for the
> fifteen minutes before this event. I'm considering setting up a second
> .reminders file with "RUN growl'Call %1' %" in it, and different time rules
> for notifiations, but I hate that much duplication.

Duplication, alas, is the easiest way.

Regards,

David.