[Remind-Fans] Turning off event notification in Daemon mode

Christoph Blank sol at textmode.at
Fri Mar 6 10:11:46 EST 2009

Hey there,

I've got a simple question, I'll explain the scenario at first:

I have a lot of reminders like "Univ Course XY at 15:00"
and I'm running the daemon, issuing notifications for my reminders.

However, for 90% of those reminders I'm not in front of the machine,
since of course in the above example, I have to actually sit in the
course at 15:00h.

So I don't need a notification like "Univ Course XY now!" for these
timed reminders.

I know I could turn it off with this:

IF $Daemon == 0
   REM ...
ENDIF

Or a function that wraps an iff check.
However, this seems a bit cumbersome, so I would like to ask if
there is a different way for this, for example let this be the
default.

Any suggestions? Or how are you doing this?

Thank you,
Christoph