[Remind-Fans] daemon mode - include file update

Christoph Scheurer christoph.scheurer at web.de
Wed Mar 18 05:32:13 EDT 2009

> > You could touch it from a cron job so that it would always be as new
> > as your included file.  If you have GNU touch, there is a --reference
> > option that lets you use one file's times to set another's.
>

> That's a smashing idea! I have loads of include files but I could just
> loop through them comparing timestamps.
If you use a directory with your main reminders file and all the included
files you can express the dependencies easily with a Makefile in the same
directory and have a cron-job (or even remind in daemon-mode itself) run make
to update the main reminders file on-demand with a rule like this:

REMIND_INCLUDES = $(wildcard remind-*)

reminders: $(REMIND_INCLUDES)
	@touch $@

Kind regards,