[Remind-Fans] jump forward by x working days

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu May 7 22:18:36 EDT 2009

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz wrote:

> On the last day of the quarter or, if this is not a working day, on the
> next working day, interest is sent from a savings account to another
> bank account. The money arrives on the 3rd working day (=2 working days
> later).

> On the day of receipt I need a reminder.

> Example 1: interest sent on Wednesday 31st Dec 2008 arrives on 5th Jan
> skipping New Year bank holiday and weekend.

> Example 2: interest credited on Saturday 31st March will be sent on
> Monday 2nd Apr and arrive Wednesday.

This is what I came up with.  It seems to work, but I haven't tested
it thoroughly.  It's also bizarre enough that I'm starting not to
understand it myself!

Regards,

David.

OMIT 1 Jan MSG New Year's Day

SET payday evaltrig("31 Dec OMIT Sat Sun AFTER", today() - 31)
REM [trigger(payday)] OMIT Sat Sun AFTER SCANFROM [trigger(payday)] *1 \
  SATISFY [nonomitted(payday, trigdate(), "Sat", "Sun") == 2 ] \
  MSG Interest Received

# Replace 31 Dec in the SET command with 31 Mar, 30 Jun and 30 Sep and
# repeat the following REM for the other quarters.