[Remind-Fans] Remind 03.01.07 is Released

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz remind at numerixtechnology.de
Wed Jul 8 15:20:13 EDT 2009

On Sun, 31 May 2009 13:14:51 -0400
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

>ENHANCEMENT: [...]  You can avoid wrapping date calculations in
>the trigger() function in many cases.
>
>ENHANCEMENT: New slide() built-in function eases some complicated
>reminders.
>
>The "slide()" function solves a problem that came up on the list a
>while back.  The original poster wanted a reminder for the following:
>A bank transferred money to her on the first working day on or after
>Dec. 31. The money arrived two working days later.  In Remind
>03.01.06, the solution was rather clumsy.  In 03.01.07, it's a
>one-liner:
>
>REM [slide(evaltrig("31 Dec OMIT Sat Sun AFTER", today() - 31), 2,
>"Sat", "Sun")] MSG Money Received

Wow, that was me - how exciting! You made my day!

Do I have another two wishes free? ;-)
If the substitution filters could translate past trigger dates to
"yesterday" and full date when longer ago, that would be the icing on
the cake. It would make forgotten events so much more obvious.

I only just saw this email to-day. I chucked out my trigger() wrappers,
which made my remind files much neater. I did not have any occurrences
where it was needed. What a worthwhile upgrade!

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz

A: Because it breaks the logical sequence of discussion