[Remind-Fans] organizing recurring non-programmable reminders

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz remind at numerixtechnology.de
Wed Jul 8 17:57:13 EDT 2009

This is not a question how to implement a specific reminder. I am just
wondering how I could organize recurring payment reminders, which do
not follow a specific pattern, at least none I recognize.

I have dozens of those (credit cards, phone-bill, electricity, ...) and
there is nothing for it but to delve into my remind file, amend the
date when the bills come in and once paid uncomment them.

At the moment I am taking the shot-gun approach entering a 10-day delta
for important payments. This leads to too many daily reminders with the
danger of overlooking some. I want to move to a more targeted approach
with triggers on the date I actually need to make a payment (i.e. x
working days before due date).

Last night I had an idea: keep recurring payment dates in a small
include file, something like:
SET BARCLAYCARD 2009-07-17
SET PHONE 2009-07-23
and maybe write a script to amend the dates.

Apologies for the waffle. I'd just like to know how others deal with
this scenario.

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz