[Remind-Fans] NFS/.remind problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Jul 30 18:45:45 EDT 2009

David F. Skoll wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>

>> If I copy .reminders into /home/bobg/temp and do tkremind
>> /home/bobg/temp/.reminders I get a normal calendar display. However when
>> I do   tkremind /mnt/srvr2/.reminders   I get error messages as below.
>>

> What do you get if you type: remind -g -q -r /mnt/srvr2/.reminders
>
> Remind shouldn't know/care if files are on NFS.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

[bobg at box9 ~]$ remind -g -q -r /mnt/srvr2/.reminders
SECURITY: Won't read world-writable file!
Can't open file: /mnt/srvr2/.reminders
Error reading /mnt/srvr2/.reminders: Can't open file

I was able to copy .reminders into the temp file via NFS and it was
happy with that? It's probably not a "remind" problem. Perhaps selinux?
I will mess with it some more tomorrow. Will let you know if I find it.

Thanks.

Bob