[Remind-Fans] Drowning myself in gxmessage popups - half solved...

David Rogers davidandrewrogers at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 12:02:03 EDT 2009

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 08:41, David F. Skoll<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> David Rogers wrote:
>
>> Well, adding the "-r" flag would stop the RUN statement from
>> re-running itself a million times - duh! And I've added a DISPLAY at
>> the beginning as some kind of insurance, even though I'm only running
>> one display:
>
> Why not post the exact reminder file?  It's impossible for us to diagnose
> what's going on without seeing how you've written the timed reminder.

Sorry about that. I have:

REM AT 05:00 RUN /home/david/.remind_daily

in my .reminders file, and the .remind_daily script contains (sorry
about line breaks, original is on one line of course):

#!/bin/bash

export DISPLAY=:0.0 && remind -r -q -g -b1 ~/.reminders | gxmessage
-buttons "OK:0" -default "OK" -title  "today's reminders" -file -