[Remind-Fans] skip reminder on trigdate

David Rogers davidandrewrogers at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 17:13:04 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:14, David F. Skoll<dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:
> Justin Alcorn wrote:
>
>> Let's make it more of a challenge: remember, that if trash day is a
>> holiday, then trash day gets pushed one day back!
>
> Challenge shmallenge.
>
> Where I live, garbage day is a Friday.  However, if there's a holiday
> that week (on any day Monday through Friday), garbage day is moved to
> the next Saturday.
>
> On alternate weeks, we have plastic recycling (Blue Box) and paper
> recycling (Black Box)

My city does things as follows:
Garbage day starts out on (some weekday).
Every time there are holidays, garbage day is pushed back permanently,
according to the number of holidays.

So, in the usual case of one holiday at a time, Wednesday garbage
would be moved to Thursdays from now until the next holiday, when it
would change to Fridays, and so on; but in December, with two holidays
in a row on the 25th and 26th, Friday garbage would move straight to
Tuesdays - we never have garbage pickup on weekends.

Any brilliant tricks, now that this dirty topic has been raised? :-)

Thanks
David