[Remind-Fans] Sync Remind and Google Calendar

Tue Sep 29 20:50:30 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Mark Atwood <me at mark.atwood.name> wrote:
> Do you use my rem2ics?
>
> Is there any improvements to you you might suggest?

Hi Mark,

I did get something working last night, albeit very crude. Yes, I used
your rem2ics file in the solution. Here it goes (all of this is done
automatically in a cron job):

rem2ics is used to convert ~/.reminders to a temporary .ics file,
which is uploaded to a public server that I have. This ics file is
tracked (i.e. subscribed) by my Google Calendar account. It turns out
that Google Calendar takes a few hours to re-scan the ics and update
any changes, but I find it usable enough. On my phone, I create events
into a private calendar. And I created a python script to pull my
default calendar for events (using gdata api), generate them into a
simple remind format, append them to ~/.reminders, and delete all
these events in my private calendar.

This is an awkward 2-way sync, but it works well enough for me. If
anyone wants that python script to prune your calendar events and
generate remind format events, let me know.

Oliver