[Remind-Fans] Fwd: My Remind scheduling script and thoughts on growlnotify

Manu Kaul manu.kaul at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 10:46:17 EDT 2009

Hi,
Was trying to figure out which command would work and following the man page
I realised that the 43 folders wiki page had the wrong argument as -k' ...
when it should have been '-kcmd' according to the man page. So the below
works for me.

/usr/local/bin/remind *'-k/usr/local/bin/growlnotify -n remind -a iCal -t
Reminder -s -m %s &*' -a /Users/manukaul/.reminders &
This command is run every 300 seconds ( 5 mins ) and it gives me reminders.
To test it I had in the file :

REM Sep 30 2009 AT 14:45 MSG %a : %2 --- Testing 1!
REM Sep 30 2009 AT 14:50 MSG %a : %2 --- Testing 2!
REM Sep 30 2009 AT 14:55 MSG %a : %2 --- Testing 3!
REM Sep 30 2009 AT 15:05 MSG %a : %2 --- Testing 4!

The only problem I am facing is that I keep getting MULTIPLE growl
notifications for each event that it queues. It looks like its queuing up
each event that is supposed to happen in the future every time I refresh
reminder and then when the date/time combination is triggered it shows me
all the queued up growl notifications so I end up with a huge list of sticky
growl notifications. Can someone suggest how to get only ONE to appear using
the command above?

Cheers,
Manu