[Remind-Fans] vCal 1.0 recurrence to Reminder

David eldavidillo at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 22 17:58:37 EST 2009

Hello list,

I'm trying to adapt the ical2rem Ruby script to handle recurring events from
vCalendar 1.0 RRULEs. I have daily and weekly recurrences pretty much nailed
down, but I'm stumped with some of the more obscure ones.

Is there a way to set a reminder to run a fixed number of times? I can
calculate the ending date for a daily or weekly repeat (there was a 2009
thread about that subject), but can't figure out how to do it for a monthly
or yearly repeat.

Also, it would be a great help if anyone could translate these examples to
Reminder format:

-First and third Tuesday of every month
-Second to last Friday of every other month
-First of every fourth month
-15th and Last day of every month:
-Every four years in February
-Every year in June, July, and August