[Remind-Fans] moveable feast

Stephen Ramsay sramsay.unl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 11:25:19 EST 2009

Hi All,

I have a fairly extensive calendar for Catholic feast days, but there's a problem I can't seem to solve.

The Feast of the Holy Family falls on the first Sunday of the Octave of Christmas (that is, the first Sunday that falls within the eight days following Christmas).  However, if Christmas falls on a Sunday, that holiday is transferred to December 30th.

The normal case is solved with:

REM Sun 25 Dec +2 MSG HOLY FAMILY (F)

How do I account for those years when the date should be transferred?

Thanks!

Steve

--
Stephen Ramsay