[Remind-Fans] reminder every half hour

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz remind at numerixtechnology.de
Mon Jan 25 17:45:03 EST 2010

Hello Reid,

On Tue, 19 Jan 2010 19:59:33 -0500
Reid Thompson <reid.thompson at ateb.com> wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:07:38AM +0000, Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz
>wrote:
>> >From 10:00 to midnight, I would like a 1/2-hourly reminder to check
>> whether I need to put another log on the fire.
>>
>> I tried REM AT 10:00 *30 MSG check fire
>>
>> but that doesn't do anything. Am I missing something obvious?
>>

>[...]
>
>The AT keyword introduces an AT clause.   The 17:00 means that the
>trigger time is 5:00 PM. The +15 means Remind starts carping at you
>fifteen minutes ahead of time, and the *3 means it annoys you every
>three minutes.

What caught me out is the fact that you can have a forward repeat for
dates but not for times, e.g.

REM 22 Jan 2010 *1 MSG do this everyday

whereas the timed reminder with a trepeat will stop at the specified
time.

Therefore, as you suggest below, I have to specify the end time, and
work my way back.

>so i think you want
>
>REM AT 12:00 +120 *30 MSG check fire

In principle, this is what I want, but from 10:00 (am) to midnight. How
do I express midnight? I tried 24:00 and 00:00 - neither work. I seem
to remember that timed reminders can't span midnight. Maybe that's the
problem.

--

Best Regards,
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz