[Remind-Fans] OMIT only for certain tasks

Jack Holborn holborn79 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 23:41:56 EST 2010

Just installed remind and I'm loving it. But I came across a little problem:

Now, I've got my normal tasks and stuff, and I have my uni stuff. Problem is
that I have certain days, such as lecture recesses, that should only stop
uni related stuff from popping up, but not anything else. I tried the
PUSH-POP, as shown in the example below, and it works just fine. Except that
now my lecture reminders are not omitted on public holidays any more ---
which they should of course. So I'm guessing I may have overlooked
something. Been reading the man pages up and down and searched online but
couldn't find any useful (or at least for me understandable ;-) ) clues.

Any hints would be highly appreciated.

Example:

#UNIVERSITY
PUSH
 OMIT 2010-04-19 MSG Lecture recess
 OMIT 2010-04-20 MSG Lecture recess
 OMIT 2010-04-21 MSG Lecture recess
 OMIT 2010-04-22 MSG Lecture recess
 OMIT 2010-04-23 MSG Lecture recess

 REM 2010-02-22 *7 AT 15:00 DURATION 0:50 UNTIL 2010-05-24 SKIP MSG Lecture
1
 REM 2010-02-22 *7 AT 09:00 DURATION 0:50 UNTIL 2010-05-24 SKIP MSGLecture 2
POP

#PUBLIC HOLIDAYS
 #NEW YEAR
  OMIT 01 Jan MSG New Year's Day
 #EASTER
  SET easter EASTERDATE(YEAR(TODAY()))
  OMIT [TRIGGER(easter-2)] MSG Good Friday
  REM [TRIGGER(easter-1)] MSG Easter Saturday
  REM [TRIGGER(easter)] MSG Easter Sunday
  OMIT [TRIGGER(easter+1)] MSG Easter Monday

Thanks in advance