[Remind-Fans] Please test Remind 3.1.9-to-be

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Apr 21 17:15:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

Old (ancient) versions of Remind had a "purge mode" that would
automatically remove expired reminders from your .reminders files.  With
the release of 3.0.0, this mode went away because there was no reliable
way to tell if something had truly expired.

(If you don't understand why, consider this...

   SET year shell("cat secretfile")
   REM 1 Jan [year] MSG boo
)

Anyway... I've committed to git a version of Remind that reinstates
purge mode.  It can handle most simple reminders and lets you know when
it thinks something might have expired but can't know for sure.  To try
it out:

         git clone http://git.roaringpenguin.com/Remind.git

(or "git pull" if you've cloned in the past.)

I'd appreciate feedback.  Here are all the WHATSNEW changes.

Regards,

David.

* Version 3.1 Patch 9 - as yet unreleased.

- MAJOR ENHANCEMENT: New "purge mode" to delete expired reminders.  See
  the PURGE MODE section of the remind man page.

- ENHANCEMENT: Support DURATION in TkRemind.  Thanks to Marek Marczykowski.

- BUG FIX: Don't change the order of PS and PSFILE reminders.  Bug found
  by John McGowan.

- BUG FIX: "REM 1990-01-01 SATISFY 1" would yield a spurious parse error
  in earlier versions of Remind.

- BUG FIX: Yom HaShoah is moved to Thursday if it would normally fall on
  a Friday.  Thanks to Jonathan Kamens for pointing this out.