[Remind-Fans] "puerile hatred"

Albert Skye mistlail at yahoo.co.uk
Mon May 17 17:01:42 EDT 2010

> The best thing to do is to edit the configure script and to delete the
> whole paragraph lines 1694-1708 where the authors express their puerile
> hatred of Apple. It serves no purpose.

Neither "puerile" nor "hatred" are terms I associate with Remind or its author.

I've been using Apple products for more than 20 years. Ironically, Apple appears to be implementing the very kind of thing it claimed to overthrow with its 1984 advertisement:

	http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8

This behaviour isn't new, it's just becoming more overt and more pernicious.

I think it's morally reprehensible to reward such behaviour; i.e., use Apple products if you will, but don't give Apple any money. The same advice generally applies to any corporation/church/government/organisation/person which operates primarily for monetary gain.