[Remind-Fans] Event on last Friday in month and on the consecutive day

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed May 26 12:15:23 EDT 2010

Max wrote:

> However, Friday and Saturday of the second event could fall into
> consecutive months. I tried the following rule but it fails to trigger
> on Saturday, even if it falls within the same month:

>    REM Fri 1 Sep --7 SATISFY 1
>    REM [trigger(trigdate() - 0 )] MSG Event 2%
>    REM [trigger(trigdate() + 1 )] MSG Event 2%

That will fail, as you discovered.  Any time you add to trigdate(),
or (to a lesser extent) subtract from it, you are breaking the Zen of
Remind and you'll get completely unpredictable results.

How about this:

REM Fri 1 Sep --7 MSG Event 2%
REM Sat 2 Sep --7 MSG Event 2%

Let Remind do the work... no need for SATISFY or manual adjustments
of trigdate.

Regards,

David.