[Remind-Fans] Date::Remind::Event - Manipulate remind output with Perl

Mark Lawrence nomad at null.net
Sat Jun 26 12:41:57 EDT 2010

Recently, David F. Skoll wrote:

> That is a job for Perl.

For those more inclinded towards a Perl-based solution (rather than the
recently posted awk-based ones) for manipulating remind output, I have
just uploaded to CPAN a new module called Date::Remind::Event. It will
take a couple of hours to index and propagate to all mirrors, so below
is the documentation for the curious.

There is also a "example/remind-simple" file in the distribution which
shows you one possible way of calling "remind" and parsing its output.

In case you feel inclined to hack on this I have a public repository on
github:

    git clone git://github.com/mlawren/date-remind-event.git

Feedback is welcome.

Regards,
Mark.

NAME
    Date::Remind::Event - A 'remind' event object

SYNOPSIS
      use Date::Remind::Event;

      my $e = Date::Remind::Event->new(
        '2010/08/15 * * * * My Event'
      );

      print 'Start:       ' . $e->date->hms . "\n";
      print 'Duration:    ' . $e->dur->minutes . "min\n";
      print 'Description: ' . $e->body . "\n";

DESCRIPTION
    Date::Remind::Event provides an object interface to remind(1) generated
    events.

CONSTRUCTOR
  new($text) => Date::Remind::Event
    Convert a single line of $text into a Date::Remind::Event object. $text
    is expected to be a line of the output produced by the '-s' argument to
    remind(1), as defined in the rem2ps(1) manpage under "REM2PS INPUT
    FORMAT".

ATTRIBUTES
  date => DateTime
    The start of the event.

  dur => DateTime::Duration
    The length of the event.

  end => DateTime
    The end of the remind event.

  tag => string
    The TAG value of the event.

  body => string
    The body of the remind event.

SEE ALSO
    DateTime, DateTime::Duration, remind(1), rem2ps(1)

AUTHOR
    Mark Lawrence <nomad at null.net>

COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
    Copyright 2010 Mark Lawrence <nomad at null.net>

    This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
    under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
    Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your
    option) any later version.

--
Mark Lawrence