[Remind-Fans] Last word on Apple; 3.1.9 coming soon...

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Aug 31 10:15:07 EDT 2010

Kevin Owens wrote:

> do you really think people will switch their OS because of this one
> program?

Probably not.

> or that this idea will spread to enough other programs that
> it will actually convince anyone to switch their OS?

Unlikely.

What I hope to happen is for people's consciousness to be raised.
Apple gets away with despicable behaviour because its core
constituency cares about fashion and coolness more than freedom.  I
just want Apple customers to realize the harm their choice to send
money to Apple is causing.

I am a member of the Pirate Party of Canada, a single-issue party
whose goal is copyright reform.  Do I really think we'll ever see a
Pirate sitting in the House of Commons?  Of course not.  Will the
Pirate Party get people thinking?  I hope so.

For background on my anti-Apple stance, see
http://david.skoll.ca/blog/2010-05-18-anti-apple.html

Regards,

David.