[Remind-Fans] Synchronizing tools for Remind?

Mark Knoop mark at opus11.net
Tue Aug 31 10:36:02 EDT 2010

At 16:44 on 31 Aug 2010, Mats Rauhala wrote:
> There's also the Google Data API including the Google Calendar API [1]
> which defines the protocol for accessing Google calendars. Besides
> that, there is already a Python wrapper [2] for the API and a Python
> command line tool [3] for accessing Google services.
>
> With these tools at our disposal, someone could probably make a
> similar tool as rem2ics to synchronize Google calendar. I'm probably
> gonna take a shot at it when I have more time at my disposal.
>
> [1] http://code.google.com/apis/calendar/
> [2] http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/
> [3] http://code.google.com/p/googlecl/

I have been working on this over the last couple of months (since I got
an Android phone...) and have a functional sync script in python. It's
very much a work in progress. I've been meaning to put it up on GitHub,
and will do soon. Meanwhile, here's the script and an example config
file (save as ~/.gsyncrc and chmod 600).

At the moment synchronising back from Google is manual: i.e. the script
outputs events that have been added, changed or deleted in remind
format and waits for the user to deal with these. I plan to add support
to directly alter the remind files in future.

It's still buggy and will probably eat kittens alive - please use a
test account first. And Google behaves strangely sometimes...

--
Mark Knoop