[Remind-Fans] OMIT a range of dates

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Aug 31 11:06:44 EDT 2010

Mike Kelly wrote:

> So, I'd have to add an OMITFUNC to all of my other REM lines,
> basically? That's really really tedious, compared to the just tedious
> way of doing things:

Yeah, that's how it is, unfortunately. :(  There's no nice way to
make a block of OMITs.  Perhaps I'll extend Remind so you can say something
like:

OMIT 2010-09-01 THROUGH 2010-09-03

I think this would cover the most common use-case.

(I hesitate to make it REM-like as in OMIT 2010-09-01 *1 UNTIL 2010-09-03
because that would lead to the expectation that OMIT could handle triggers
that are as general as REM can, which is not true.)

Regards,

David.