[Remind-Fans] Config options for colours and fonts

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 1 08:31:37 EDT 2010

Nick Coleman wrote:

> Is there some way to set tk options for tkremind?  I prefer a lighter
> background to the standard gray, and different fonts to the default
> settings.

Sure.  Use the standard .Xdefaults file.  Tk has had the ability to use
X resources for default configuration since ancient times.

(I do notice that I hard-code the background colour in one place; I'll
have to fix that.)

See http://www.itworld.com/UIR000602regex?page=0%2C1 for details.

For example, you can put this in your .Xdefaults file and then run
xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults to change the font:

tkremind*font: Times

You can control the font much more finely than this by specifying
widget paths.

Regards,

David.