[Remind-Fans] duration of an event

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Sep 16 11:21:29 EDT 2010

On 09/16/10 10:40, Vita Cizek wrote:

> Lets assume I have a periodic event like this:
> REM 6 Jun 2010 +2 *21 MSG Some event

> The event lasts 3 days. How can I be reminded every day during the event?

Remind does not handle events that span days very well.  The only solution
I can think of is:

REM 6 Jun 2010 +2 *21 MSG %"Some event%" %b.
REM 7 Jun 2010 *21 MSG Some event (day two.)
REM 8 Jun 2010 *21 MSG Some event (day three.)

> 2) Is there a simple way to remind me like 15 days before, 10 days
> before and the last 5 days ahead of an event?

Yes.  (Well... it depends on your interpretation of "simple" :))
"man remind" and search for PRECISE SCHEDULING

Regards,

David.