[Remind-Fans] [ANN] Wyrd 1.4.5

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 15:54:25 EDT 2010

Hello Remind fans,

I've just pushed out version 1.4.5 of Wyrd, a curses-based front-end
for Remind.  You can find it at
http://pessimization.com/software/wyrd/ .

This release has just a couple of small tweaks relative to release 1.4.4:

    * Wyrd 1.4.5 supports Remind's (relatively) new "reminder directory"
      feature.  The new_timed_dialog and new_untimed_dialog commands
      will allow you to select from reminder files placed inside the reminder
      directory.

    * The "quick add" feature should now support entry of UTF-8 encoded
      text (provided that Wyrd was compiled with --enable-utf8 and was
      linked against a wide-character-enabled ncurses library).

I've also set up a project page to manage Wyrd development a bit more
transparently:
https://launchpad.net/wyrd
Interested developers can browse the source code repository here, and
this would be an excellent place to enter bug reports.

This marks the first release of Wyrd in over two years; in case it's
not obvious, I'm not spending a lot of time on Wyrd right now.
However, I would be very happy to see development continue, so I want
to make it clear that other developers would absolutely be welcome to
hack on the code and contribute to the project.

Enjoy,
Paul

Wyrd ChangeLog

2010-10-23     Released 1.4.5.

2010-10-20     Switched from personal fork of OCaml curses bindings to the
               community-maintained library from
               http://www.nongnu.org/ocaml-tmk/ .

2010-10-18     Fixed bug which prevented "quick add" feature from accepting
               UTF-8 encoded text.

2008-02-24     Implemented improved support for Remind's new "reminder
               directory" capability.

2008-02-21     Released 1.4.4.