[Remind-Fans] Minimalist curses frontend with a navigable month view

Jostein Berntsen jbernts at broadpark.no
Tue Jan 4 15:50:47 EST 2011

On 29.12.10,21:06, Clemens Kaposi wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I have written a small Python program that outputs a navigable month
> view of all reminders in `~/.reminders` using curses.  It fits already
> my personal requirements, maybe it is also of use to somebody else.  It
> works under both Python 2 and 3, using only the standard library (that
> was my premise).
>
> If you are interested, you can check out [obdaRemind][1] over at GitHub.
> Contributions are, of course, always welcome.
>
>   [1]: https://github.com/yggi49/obdaRemind

It works nicely at my box, looking nice! A couple of comments:

1.
When using "l" to scroll right through the days, the script does not
wrap at the end, but exits with:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./obdaRemind.py", line 298, in <module>
    curses.wrapper(lambda stdscr: ObdaRemind(stdscr).run())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/curses/wrapper.py", line 44, in wrapper
    return func(stdscr, *args, **kwds)
  File "./obdaRemind.py", line 298, in <lambda>
    curses.wrapper(lambda stdscr: ObdaRemind(stdscr).run())
  File "./obdaRemind.py", line 279, in run
    self.jump_days(1)
  File "./obdaRemind.py", line 234, in jump_days
    self.set_date(self.selected + datetime.timedelta(days))
  File "./obdaRemind.py", line 228, in set_date
    self.boxes['notes'].set_text('\n\n'.join(notes))
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 1:
ordinal not in range(128)

2. For days with many tasks it is not possible to see all in the window
on the right. Would be nice to have a scroll function to see all tasks
per day, as well as open a specific task by using enter.

3. What is the second number in parenthesis at the top of the daily
tasks?$

Jostein