[Remind-Fans] [Ann] Remind-conf-mode

Shelagh Manton shelagh.manton at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 14:38:08 EST 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:29:41 -0500
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:24:55 +1100
> Shelagh Manton <shelagh.manton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have two branches at the moment as I wanted to try to make it so
> > the time words are highlighted in your language of choice. So there
> > is a master branch and a faux-locale branch with the stuff for
> > highlighting words.
>
> I do not recommend writing your Remind files with localized day and
> month names.  They won't be portable.  As anglo-centric as it may seem
> (sorry!), the English names are portable to any instance of Remind.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Fair enough.

What about if I point out that the "faux-locale" branch is only
suitable for those with remind after a certain version and do not merge
the two branches? That way hopefully people will not get mixed up and
think they can use languages other than English with earlier versions?

But I do think if people know the risks they should have the choice.

Shelagh

Email: shelagh.manton at gmail.com
Wave: shelagh.manton at googlewave.com

BA(Asian Studies) | ANU