[Remind-Fans] pipe to conky

Shawn shawn at whtwtr.com
Mon Jan 24 04:24:59 EST 2011

--------------------------------------
Please see my in-line comments below:
--------------------------------------

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 09:11:56 +0100
John Niendorf <johnniendorf at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've looked all over the place, but I just can't seem to find out how
> to take one reminder and have it's output sent to conky (or a script
> I can call from conky).  I'd really appreciate any guidance you could
> give me.

	This is what I do (assuming your on Linux):

	After the TEXT directive in your .conkyrc file put:

	Reminders for today - ${execi 3600 date "+%A, %B %d - %Y"}
	${execpi 900 /usr/bin/rem | sed -e '1d'}

	---

	The fist line I use a custom date to output something like:
	"Reminders for today - Monday, January 24 - 2011

	The next line outputs my reminders and I pipe it to SED to
	delete the first line.

	Hope this helps, ~Shawn