[Remind-Fans] Using Remind Commands in Shell Commands?

Sara Fauzia sara at archlinux.us
Wed Jan 26 13:38:20 EST 2011

I am trying to use the output of ipraytime to put in my schedule the
five Muslim prayer times. As the exact times change day-by-day, and
ipraytime accepts a "--date" option with the argument "yyyymmdd", I
would like to use the remind function "today()" as an argument, but how
could I put it in the correct format (yyyymmdd), and, additionally, have
it inside a shell command?

Here is my code displaying the morning prayer on my schedule (the other
four prayers are identical cases):

SET morning shell("ipraytime -b | awk 'NR==3 {print $2}'")
REM AT [morning] DURATION 0:15 CAL %"Pray dawn prayer%" %b

As ipraytime defaults to giving the prayer time for the current (system)
date, this means that the time will change every day this command is
re-evaluated.

Thanks for looking into this.

Sara

--
"Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature." ~Michael Faraday