[Remind-Fans] [Ann] Remind-conf-mode

Shelagh Manton shelagh.manton at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 06:14:46 EST 2011

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011 15:17:01 -0500
"David F. Skoll" <dfs at roaringpenguin.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Jan 2011 07:14:06 +1100
> Shelagh Manton <shelagh.manton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Which versions of remind are able to be compiled with different
> > languages. I have not paid much attention to this over the years.
>
> It goes way back.  My git repo only starts in 1996 and even that
> version supported different languages.  (The earliest version I have
> in git is 3.0.14.)

I have found the langs/ folder in the source files. (Duh!) to get the
lists of days and months for the 12 languages that remind supports.

I have added only the days of the weeks and names of the months, as
well as attempting to guess the short forms.

There are some languages that are more complete than others as far as
locale, for instance, it appears that french has a complete set of
keywords and error messages. I have not added those, so the consequence
of this is that if you do have a full french localised version of
remind, the days and months in your .reminder files will be highlighted
but not the french keywords. That is something I could look
into later at least for those languages that have those words
translated.

Cheers

Shelagh

Email: shelagh.manton at gmail.com