[Remind-Fans] RUN bash file hangs remind

Dave Parker cedardocster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 13:33:38 EST 2011

Hi, I've read the remind manual once and just now I searched for the word
"run" and couldn't answer this problem.

If I have this in my remind file:

REM Mon Wed Fri RUN "/home/david/morning work prompt.sh"
rem fri msg this is friday

the "this is friday" reminder won't pop up until the "morning work
prompt.sh" script has fully completed.  The purpose of the script is to keep
one message up until I complete a number of tasks, then I dismiss it.  If it
takes me 2 hours to finish the tasks that means I never get any other
reminders after that point until I dismiss the first task message.

Is this normal or am I missing something.  Forgive me if its obvious - I'm
just new at this and newish with linux in general.

My thought to work around would be to trigger a separate script which then
runs the other one and therefore is finished immediately.

Any thoughts?
Dave