[Remind-Fans] Color coding calendar view (-c)

Thierry Guillemin tguillemin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:40:16 EDT 2011

I came to Remind through linux.com (http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/55928)
and kmandla.
I then found your original presentation (
http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3529).
After that, I read what I thought was an updated manual (
http://linux.die.net/man/1/remind).
In none of these 3 texts did I find a mention of Apple.

I downloaded Remind through MacPorts. May I repeat that it works perfectly.

Only after your answer did I dig in the archives (I had only tried "color"…)
where I found your post titled "The Apple stance".

To sum things up :
- I made a mistake (I should have typed "man remind", and of course, when I
did so, I found immediately what I was looking for : rem -c*LC*+2 -m -b1
-w,3,1).
- but I did not commit a sin. I would even go so far as to say that your
reaction is wrong (and I don't mean impolite nor puerile nor quixotic, but
tactically wrong) because and precisely because your analysis is right. I
have a MacBook, but the Terminal.app may become a gate to full Linux, you
see, for me and for others. And programs like Remind most certainly point in
that direction for people who are tired of DisneyWorld.

Nevertheless, sorry if I offended you.

Thierry