[Remind-Fans] remind: does not resolve tilde in include file path

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Apr 6 07:18:58 EDT 2011

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 22:56:05 -0400
"Kurt B. Kaiser" <kbk at shore.net> wrote:

> If you look at remind's manpage, it appears that the INCLUDE statement
> can be also used with a path relative to the directory of the
> reminders file in which it is found.  See the example in the RUN
> COMMAND section that follows the INCLUDE section.

The man page does not say that.  See the documentation of the
filedir() function.  (If you do use a relative filename, it's relative
to Remind's current working directory.)

The proper way to include a file relative to your home directory is:

     INCLUDE [getenv("HOME")]/some-file

Since Remind already has a way to include a file relative to the current
file and relative to the home directory, I won't be applying any patches
in upstream.

Regards,

David.