[Remind-Fans] Omit specific days in entries with OMITFUNC

Jostein Berntsen jbernts at broadpark.no
Thu Jul 14 12:35:32 EDT 2011

On 06.07.11,08:01, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 10:10:52 +0200
> Jostein Berntsen <jbernts at broadpark.no> wrote:
>
> > I have some recurring entries with OMITFUNC added to make entries not
> > show when I have vacations. So$metimes specific entries during a wekk
> > should be omitted because a manager is on vacation f.ex., but I can't
> > use OMIT with an entries that has OMITFUNC it seems. Is there another
> > way to achieve this?
>
> For special cases, I use this idiom:
>
> PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT
> OMIT special_case
> REM .. whatever
> POP-OMIT-CONTEXT

I have tested this function, but it does not seem to work when there is
an OMITFUNC after skip.

so this works:

PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT
OMIT 14 Jul 2011
REM Thursday AT 08:00 DURATION 0:30 SKIP MSG Weekly meeting \
pro:P-PM_AVD130-10
POP-OMIT-CONTEXT

but not this:

PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT
OMIT 14 Jul 2011
REM Thursday AT 08:00 DURATION 0:30 SKIP OMITFUNC vacation_2010 MSG \
Weekly Meeting pro:P-PM_AVD130-10
POP-OMIT-CONTEXT

Is there something else I could do here? What I want to do is to exclude
a time period like 2011-06-15 until 2011-08-05 so the weekly meetings
does not pop up in my calendar in that period. It would be nice if it
was possible to define several OMITFUNC in one recurring entry for this.

Jostein