[Remind-Fans] Simple question, elusive answer.

T. Snowhite snowhitster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 19:43:03 EDT 2011

Plus actually works the other direction.

> REM Oct  1 2011 +5 MSG blahblah

Make a reminder for an event on October 1, 2011 that is also shown on Sep 26,27,28,29, and 30.

To do exactly what you're asking you'd have to:

REM Sep 30 2011 *4 UNTIL Oct 4 2011 MSG blahblah

Remind isn't really meant to make reminders after a trigger has happened, but you can fake it by limiting a recurrence to only happen once, as I've done above.

The middle of the manual (Backward Scanning, Advance Warning, Periodic Reminders, and Expiry Dates) explains it a bit:
http://linux.die.net/man/1/remind

There's also a good presentation on the triggers at www.roaringpenguin.com/files/download/remind-oclug.pdf

-Tim