[Remind-Fans] 24-hour mode

Andrew Poth japoth at ieee.org
Wed Oct 5 16:51:36 EDT 2011

I'd like to have Remind display event times in 24-hour mode (nnnn),
instead of am/pm (nn:nnam or nn:nnpm), since it reduces the chances of
making a morning/evening error when creating new events and editing
them.  I found a switch in TkRemind below the "DON'T CHANGE STUFF BELOW
HERE" line that makes the TkRemind Add Reminder... dialog come up in
24-hour mode:

# 24-hour clock mode
set TwentyFourHourMode 0

When the parameter is changed from 0 to 1, the dialog shows 24-hour
times, but the calendar still shows am/pm times.  The .reminders file,
however, shows all times stored in 24-hour mode.  Apparently, the script
is converting from 24-hour mode to 12-hour mode for display in the
calendar, even though the TwentyFourHourMode variable has been changed.
I've combed through the code, but have been unsuccessful in finding
where the conversion is happening.  Is this feature broken?  Never
completely implemented?