[Remind-Fans] Wyrd: show untimed reminders but not in calendar view

Sam Block polyphanes at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 17:21:43 EDT 2011

I don't think I'm getting this right.  I tried including %"%" in the
MSG body to suppress the output of the message in the calendar view,
but now it's like there's no reminder at all: there's no message in
any view.  To explain, say I want an untimed reminder that just says
"Sunrise today at *time*" for each day.  I have the location variables
already set up, so I have:

REM MSG Sunrise today at [sunrise(today())]

Like that, I get a message in the untimed reminders window of Wyrd,
the list of reminders that come up when I run the remind command, and
it popping up in the calendar view in both.  If I include %"%" like
this,

REM MSG Sunrise today at [sunrise(today())]%"%"

then the message comes up when I run the remind command in any view
but a calendrical view, but appears nowhere in Wyrd.

Is there a way to show this sort of message through remind and Wyrd
but not in the calendar view of either?