[Remind-Fans] Problems getting RUN ON to work after RUN OFF

Sat Nov 12 03:39:27 EST 2011

I'm trying to get RUN ON to work after I issue a RUN OFF command. I
have read the part about RUN ON only working if the file is not world-
or group- writeable. I went so far as to make the reminder file 600.
Yet it still will not allow RUN ON after a RUN OFF command has been
given in the file.

Here's my test file (remindtest):

RUN OFF

REM Nov 12 MSF testing testing %c %

RUN ON
REM Nov 12 RUN gxmessage testing run & %
RUN OFF

Here's the permissions on remindtest:

tamara at caesar:~/.remind$ ll remindtest
-rw------- 1 tamara tamara 67 2011-11-12 02:33 remindtest

Here's the output:

tamara at caesar:~/.remind$ remind remindtest
Reminders for Saturday, 12th November, 2011 (today):

testing testing today
remindtest(6): RUN disabled